Project Predator

Project Predator

Problem:

Due to full time teaching, my biggest problem arises due to keeping myself up to date with my own development for my higher education units whilst ensuring that I am continuing my master’s qual.  Although I am given a small amount of time per week for CPD and other activities; a hour here / there is not useful to me overall as it means splitting for both development / masters work.

Decision:

After doing research the idea of taking it to a practical level the nominal progression to continue developing the practical research idea; so I am taking what I have learnt so far from collating the motion capture data and I will be integrating it with development into unreal to keep up to date with my teaching skills within class.

Aim of project:

To create a demo that will implement researched / practice / designed skills that is core with my taught courses (Level Design, 3D Environments, Modelling) with the integration of motion capture / cleaning and implementation of Research Design 1.

Synopsis:

Idea is to make a playable demo which uses a monster (In the sense of the movie predator) that will stalk the player.  A blackboard AI will be made to hunt to the player and the animations for both the character and Monster will be motion captured / processed and cleaned.  It will be implemented within a level that will run with mechanics being made with an end goal of survive.

To Do Tasks (To Be Updated):

Monster:

AI for monster – Make states for sensing, search, hunting and kill.
Animation – Motion capture for monster with different states of movement being made / cleaned.
Mechanics – dependant for what the monster will be.
Traits – Ensure it sticks to a predator style of system of tracking and movements.

Environment:

Caged environment (Level blueprinting to 3D environments)
Foliage editor and object design
Sound editing and asset management (mod kit and sound editing)

Player:

HUD Design
Player mechanics
Player animations

The further weeks posts will be made with updates to allow the students to keep up to date with what they need to learn whilst ensuring my own development / education is not hindered by the lack of development time.


Comments

Popular Posts