Ingenious Gentlemen - Part 1 - The Breakdown Of The Animations

Week 1 - The Animation Listing and Script Breakdown

So after speaking and talking to Chris / David who are currently working on the project.  They broke down and explained what they were looking for in their animations and what style do the meshes look like / designed for within their skeleton rig.  The following is what I have devised and learnt:

Script and Vocal acting

I was provided the script that was poorly formatted, so I went though the script and added some formatting to it with the breakdown on each section and choice.

Please click here for the script

Looking at this, I am seeing what it is needed to be done.  A lot of it seems to be a lot of simplistic movements, with a few emotional presentations.  The main part seems to be in the whole outside of conversations animation list which wasn't attached to the GDD, so I had to make my own based on what they are wanting.

With that I have designed myself a list of animations that they will be looking for an storyboard them to show what they will be based around.  As some animations, they want specific animation movements, as well, storyboards will allow me to understand what I need to make.

The main character will be based around a mid 40's man who is old but determined to have his dream.

The main animations that they want at the moment are the following:

Walking animation
Push doors open
Pull doors open
Idle Animations - Various idle animations that will occur randomly when not moving.
A very long winded Pick Up Item - Swipe arm from right to left.
Small arm movements like explination for animations reminding text or "I Can't do that" Quotes
A specific animation - 2 handed sword over head swing with him falling backwards due to weight
pick up items (floor, mid range, top shelf)
Various game related item pick up quotes.

Comments

Popular Posts