Ingenious Gentlemen - Part 2 - Initial Mocap And New Skeleton Creation

Part 2 - Initial Mocap and Rework on old mesh equipment.

Initial Situation

Okay, So I did some initial mocap to work on after my work on the animation list and story board design, I started working on designing the animations for the capturing of the animations.  I set them down on a story board to go through what I feel i needed to do in my movements.

Looking at the animations, I know that there is a few things, I need to keep an eye out for.  The characters have no hands / fingers so the necessity of animation of the fingers is not necessary.

After a few recordings, I attempted and tried putting it into Motionbuilder and the results were not the best.  The initial skeleton within the provided mesh was incorrect.  When looking more at the model mesh and the overal skeleton that was used, it was badly designed an incorrectly placed within motionbuilder.  Below is the results I got.


From researching into the problem that is seen from motionbuilder,  The skeleton isn't made properly without a rootbone, I then edited and looked at the positioning, it is seen that the model is designed on the wrong axis which goes against how motionbuilder works so it was coming up with masses of errors.

I then went back and remade the mesh with designs on the skeleton that would be put into the mesh.






With this, I set out the plan to re-rig the mesh to make it workable with the skeleton that was specifically designed for the mesh.





Here is a video to present the errors at first and then the redesign that was made on it.

The skeleton was made quite nicely but the overall effort seems to be within the next stage which is weight painting.

Comments

Popular Posts