Camera System

The Camera System

So the camera system at it's base is only working on it core fact.
From the original, i used a cube in the world and edited it to work with the level blueprint system to work with it effectively.  

After triggering the system, I learnt during development that if it's rendering to a target object, it doesn't work effectively as was to be expected.  The materials working were not effectively rendering all the time.  When building lighting, the light encoding was effecting the cube "sometimes".  There seemed to be an issue where moving the cube unit in any direction by 1 unit would then reactivate the material blueprint.

The initial design was to have a recording animation, with a target lost which is currently being swapped with a simple target lost image.  When the AI moves into the trigger box, it would trigger a call and then render the capture scene instead.



After looking further into material development, it is seen that material instances are less memory demanding than the actual material itself which is quite interesting as I would've thought that have a material would be more beneficial.  I have tried to work with an animation but I need to design a working animation in the right video format which will be developed later as it will not effect the mechanic as a whole.


I then edited the coding to make it cast to the third person character instead of in the world.  I casted it and set the materials within the third person character instead of the level blueprint.  The results is shown in the image below is a cube (will be static mesh later) which is then calling the material instances which did not have the same issue as the cube in the world which is a major positive.


Problems still seen

I'm getting a weird white noise on one or two of the materials.  This can be down to a couple of reasons, one seems to be when working with the editor that there is a strong hum noise "bee humming", the louder the hum is, the more white noise can be seen.  This could be to the engine itself which others have reported in previous versions, or my GPU but i doubt it is my GPU as I am running one of the new 1060's 6GB so my hope that it will be fixed in the future or when I build an .EXE for testing.  Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular Posts