Footprinting and Physical Material attachment.

Physical Footprint Rendering with Physical footprint attachment

With the footprint system, my main intentions was for the AI to pick up the footprints and for the footprints to make footprint noises and change dependant on the material of the object.

I set up a footprint material and followed directions to render the footprints as decals.  They currently last for a small duration at the moment but I will calculate and try to make it work on a system to render so many footprints instead of a time duration.

From their i made some physical materials from what i believe will be my main physical materials:.  Currently I have the following:

Blood - Red block currently with blood noises for footprints.
Metal - Currently a metal material that was purchased from gametextures.com
Glass - Blue block currently with glass walking noises for footprint sounds.

As the player pawn is a AI stimuli, the benefits  of footprint noises is that it makes it harder to move around with the AI around them.  As I have now got 4 different movement speeds of  Running, Jog, Walk, Crouch - the idea is to allocate a pawn noise sound dependant on what i walk through to make it quiet so no noise is made all the way to loud if running on all three materials.

With this, I also added an extra feature to the footprint in where the transition of certain materials with go over to other materials.  For instance, blood onto metal which makes the grating have bloody footprints for a duration and then disappears.

What I want to do is with this is again try and make the AI pick it up which will be my next step again to work with.  Once everything is up to date, I will breakdown and work with that footprint system again to see if I can make more progress.

I have recorded a video, that shows the full progress of the mechanics so far.


Comments

Popular Posts